Your First Visit
We are always excited about meeting new patients during their first visit to our office. There is no charge for this initial visit. Our goal is to make your experience as comfortable and informative as possible. At this visit you will have the chance to see the office and get to know the staff and doctors. Dr. Poidmore will then perform a thorough clinical exam and discuss potential treatment options. This important visit will give us insight into your orthodontic needs. You will leave the initial exam with answers to the following:
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What are the treatment options to correct the problem?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
We know your time is valuable, so to expedite treatment, we may also reserve time following the exam for complete diagnostic records. The records include X-rays, photos and impressions for study models. Dr. Poidmore will use this information to develop a comprehensive diagnosis and the most appropriate treatment plan.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any X-ray taken within the past year.
- Any referral information provided by your dentist.
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs, and if appropriate arrange a payment plan to suit your needs.